Yesterday McNeill Nakamoto Recruitment Group had the great honour of receiving the Big Heart Award from Big Sisters of BC Lower Mainland at the Big Sisters Spring Lunch. We truly believe that mentorship for young women strengthens our community. Sarah McNeill comments, ‘Every young girl deserves to be inspired to their own future greatness. Big Sisters truly offers this opportunity to these young girls. As both mothers and business owners, Big Sisters of BC Lower Mainland is the most natural choice for our company’.
McNeill Nakamoto is proud of its involvement with Big Sisters and thrilled to have raised over $50,000 for Big Sisters of BC Lower Mainland. We find ways to involve our staff, our clients, the community and especially the Little Sisters themselves. We do this by raising funds and awareness:
- through silver sponsorship of the Big Sisters Divas Gala
- ‘McNak Jeans for Big Sisters’ – individual donations by McNeill Nakamoto staff members in exchange for wearing jeans to work
- Grape Juice, the fun and very successful Wine Auction created and hosted by Team McNak
- ‘McNak Career Launcher’ for Little Sisters – a workshop on assisting teenage ‘Littles’ with resume and interview tips
- Sarah McNeill chairs the Big Sisters Gala, and with her influence and network has created a broad awareness in the community, as well as broken fund raising records for this annual event.
The Big Sisters Big Heart Award is given annually to a business for outstanding support of Big Sisters of BC Lower Mainland.